The post Top ten ‘most photographed walking trails’ around the world appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Travel Daily.
Adventure tour operator Explore Worldwide has delved into a vast dataset of over 500 popular walking locations across the world’s continents to unveil which trails and walking routes have captivated the imagination of photographers worldwide.
Explore’s data experts cross-referenced location data for over 1.7 million stock image photos tagged with “walking trail” or “hiking trail” to reveal the most photographed trails in the world, aiming to inspire outdoor enthusiasts and travel photographers on their explorations.
The new research shows that the individual trail that has been captured the most by photographers is the GR20 trail on the French island of Corsica. In second place is the Everest Base Camp Trek, and then the Westweg trail in Germany’s Black Forest.
The data was also analysed to reveal which regions and mountain ranges around the world have the highest number of walking trail photos linked to them.
Top 10 Most Photographed Walking Trails
|Everest Base Camp Trek
|Camino de Santiago
|Eastern United States
|The Jordan Trail
|West Coast Trail
|The Lycian Way
- GR20, Corsica, France:Claiming the top spot as the most photographed walking trail with an impressive image count of 45,187, the GR20 trek in Corsica is a dream come true for adventure seekers. This challenging trail takes you through rugged mountain terrain, picturesque lakes, and lush forests, showcasing the breathtaking beauty of the French island and leaving hikers with memories to last a lifetime.
- Everest Base Camp Trek, Himalayas, Nepal: In the majestic Himalayas, the Everest Base Camp Trek beckons adventurers with its awe-inspiring landscapes and a photo count of nearly 14,000. As travelers journey through Sherpa villages, cross suspension bridges, and stand in the shadow of towering peaks, they’ll experience the incredible spirit of mountaineering and get a taste of what it’s like to be at the doorstep of the world’s highest summit.
- The Westweg, Black Forest, Germany: With a photo count of 13,105 images dedicated to its trails, The Westweg in Germany’s Black Forest offers a captivating blend of natural beauty and cultural heritage. This long-distance trail leads visitors through enchanting woodlands and charming villages, immersing them in the tranquility of nature while exploring one of Europe’s most scenic regions.
In addition to individual trails, Explore Worldwide also delved into the world’s most picturesque mountain ranges, uncovering the peaks that boast the highest number of stunning trails.
Top 10 Most Photographed Mountain Ranges
|Mountain Range Name
|The Tatra Mountains
|The Scandinavian Mountains
The European continent shines with its captivating mountain ranges, claiming seven out of the top ten spots. From the iconic peaks of the Alps to the striking Dolomites in Italy, each range offers unparalleled beauty and awe-inspiring scenery.
- The Alps, Europe: Spanning multiple countries in Europe, the Alps proudly claim the top spot with an impressive photo count of 856,670. This iconic mountain range is a playground for adventurers and nature enthusiasts alike, offering majestic peaks, breathtaking glaciers, and picturesque alpine landscapes that have captured the hearts of explorers from around the world.
- The Rockies, North America:Stretching across Canada and the USA, the Rockies hold their own with a remarkable photo count of over 440,000. With rugged mountain peaks, cascading waterfalls, and pristine wilderness, this iconic mountain range offers a diverse range of photographic opportunities.
- The Dolomites, Europe: The Dolomites in Italy showcase their enchanting beauty with a photo count of 174,422. With their distinctive jagged peaks, vibrant alpine meadows, and charming mountain villages, the Dolomites offer a truly captivating landscape that has inspired countless photographs. Whether it’s capturing the glow of sunrise or the dramatic play of light and shadow on the rocky hills, exploring the Dolomites is a visual feast that will leave travelers in awe.
Michael Edwards, Managing Director at Explore Worldwide, expressed excitement about the findings, saying: “We are thrilled to unveil the world’s most photographed trails and mountain ranges. These locations not only offer incredible outdoor experiences but also inspire photographers to capture the beauty of our planet. We hope this collection ignites the wanderlust in adventurers and encourages them to embark on their own memorable journeys.”
The post Top ten ‘most photographed walking trails’ around the world appeared first on Travel Daily.